2009/9/20 Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteg...@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some problems trying to update from FreeBSD 8.0 Beta1 to 8.0 Beta4.
>
> I upgraded from 7.2 to beta1 some time ago, using freebsd-update
> without problems. Later
> I did the same thing to reach beta2. Yesterday I tried it to get to
> beta3 but I have a bunch
> of errors like this one:
>
> /usr/sbin/freebsd-update: cannot open files/.gz: No such file or directory
>
> This is after the "preparing to download files" stage. I have plenty
> of disk space left on my hard disk.
> In an attempt to fix the problem I performed a rollback, so I went to
> beta1 again. This process seemed
> to work fine. However, whenever I try to upgrade to another higher
> release number, I get those errors.
>
> Listing the contents of the /var/db/freebsd-update/files/ directory
> shows a bunch of .gz files.
> What can be wrong?
>
> I've googled, but I haven't been able to find a solution.
> Any help?
> Thanks in advance.

Nobody on this issue?
I've seen more people asking about this[1][2] but I couldn't find a solution.

I made a back up of the /var/db/freebsd-update directory and renamed
the files and merge directories. freebsd-update created them again,
actually downloaded a bunch of files, but I got exactly the same
error. I followed exactly the same procedure (described in the
handbook) to go from 7.1 to 7.2 then to 8.0BETA1 and finally to
8.0BETA2. What is wrong with freebsd-update? If I did something wrong,
how can I roll it back?

Thanks for your time.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-questions@freebsd.org/msg214707.html
[2] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-January/190664.htm