Roland Smith wrote:
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:06:28PM +0200, Anselm Strauss wrote:
Hi,

anybody knows if it's possible to set BIOS wake up time in FreeBSD. I have a machine I would like to regularly shutdown and wake up at different times depending the on the day of week.

The easy and cheap way to accomplish something like that is to put a timer
between the machine's power supply and the power outlet, and use a script
started at boot to switch the machine off in a controlled fashion after a
specified time before the timer runs out.

The only inflexibility in this scheme is that timers usually require a time to
switch on and a time to switch off. So if you need the time that the machine
is "awake" variable, it won't be as easy.

Roland

There are such timers, that run over a week rather than just 24 hours, and they can have different times each day.

--

Rolf Nielsen