Begin forwarded message:

From: Anselm Strauss <amsiba...@gmail.com>
Date: September 22, 2009 8:55:42 PM GMT+02:00
To: Don Brearley <donbrear...@hibbing.edu>
Subject: Re: Wake up time

Good idea. Would work for my setup, my router should be always on. And I think there is a wakeonlan port for FreeBSD.

The advantage of this solution would be that I can trigger a wakeup on very dynamic events. If I set the wakeup time in the BIOS it's rather static, and I have to know the next wakeup before I shut down the host.