On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:14:44 -0500, Chris <rac...@makeworld.com> wrote:
> Please suggest a cloning method comparable to Clonezilla.

For FreeBSD, I'd tend to use dump + restore, because that's
their main purpose.

> Clonezilla does a nice job with OS's other than *BSD (It uses dd (iirc))
> and that takes forever (at least when cloning - have not tried a
> restore).

You haven't tried restoring? You should, it's worth it, because
what's the value of a backup that cannot be restored? :-)

> Some specs I'm using to compare: A typical restore/save currently with
> other OS's using CloneZ takes about 12 minutes with a simple boot from
> CD.
>
> The restored/imaged drive is 400 meg sata.

Well, dump + restore isn't known for ultimate performance, but
its results are good; dd, on the other hand, is another possible
way to go. The advantage of dd is that it can be used with any
filesystem.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany