On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 01:50:23PM -0800, Paolo M wrote:

> I saw a very starnge behavior accessing mail.yahoo.com
> from a connected Apple MacOS (but also from any other
> PC), the first attempt to resolve the names replies an
> error. If I repeat the request everything is fine. If
> I wait some minutes all the sequence repeats...

I got nipped by the same symptoms this week myself. In my case the issue
was in the firewall. Was surprised to find MacOS X 10.2.4 Jaguar
alternately uses TCP to do DNS lookups. Sometimes it uses UDP, sometimes
TCP, within moments.

Strangely, my test lookup which caused so much trouble was
www.yahoo.com.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]