On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Jeronimo Calvo wrote:

Im thinking to get a second monitor to use with my 7.2 STABLE
workstation and my ati card using the following splitter:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Peripherals/Cabling/HDMI%2FMonitor+Cables/DVI+Splitter+Cable+?productId=17127

That looks like a simple splitter that will just send the same signal to both monitors. They would both display the same image, not an extended desktop.

There is someone currently using any config like this? In this case
can you tell me a little bit about the experience?

My current GUI is KDE 3.5, and the Graphic card is a ATI HD7200,

HD2700, maybe built into a notebook?