On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Adam Vande More wrote:

That looks like a simple splitter that will just send the same signal
to both monitors.  They would both display the same image, not an extended desktop.

That's what I thought too prior to hooking it up and trying it.  Since then, I found DVI is able to detect separate output devices and send the appropriate signal to each device.

Interesting. The DVI pinout shows that it has two sets of digital signals, so this cable probably just splits them out to a connector each for link 1 and link 2.