Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am using rsync to backup some information and I am having some problem with including and excluding directories.

I want to include everything in the user's mail directory and everything in the user's documents directory. Everything else should be excluded. And, it is possible to have multiple users on a single computer.

Following is what I am using for my include/exclude patterns.

+ /Users/*/Library/Mail/
+ /Users/*/Documents/
- /Users/*/Documents/*
- /Users/*/Library/*

This gives me close to the desired result. However, there are some extra files included which I do not need to backup which are stored in /Users/username directory.

If I add -/Users/*, no files are backed up.

After reading the man pages and several examples, I thought I had a handle on this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay