On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Marwan Sultan <dead_l...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Gurus,
>

>   Im planing to move out of my FreeBSD 4.8-R! which served me like a charm
> for many years.
>
>   But not sure if I should go for 6.3 or 7.2
>
>   This server will be a DNS server, apache, shell accounts..php, mysql..
>

>   anything i should be aware of?
>
>   Advices?
>

>   Thank you.
>
>   Marwan

7.2  6.4 is the last release in 6.x so no 6.3 unless specifically needed.
8.0 is nearly here.  Do a clean install, it will be easier for you in the
long run.  Probably easiest to do a trial run by installing to VM first eg
VirtualBox guest.  You wouldn't find hardware issues, but you might work out
the exact steps you'll need to take to help minimize downtime.

/usr/src/UPDATING can give you some specific info.

--
Adam Vande More