On Tue, Oct 13, 2009, Robert Huff wrote:

>Chris Stankevitz writes:
>
>>  Please try this:
>>
>>  1. at the prompt type "man man" to get the man manual page.
>>  2. press CTRL-G to to to the bottom of the document
>>  3. press k to scroll up one line
>>
>>  You'll notice you cannot perform step 3 because man "quits back
>>  to the prompt after CTRL-G".
>>
>>  Question: How can I make man not "quit back to the prompt after
>>  CTRL-G"?

The -e and -E options to less control this.  You want neither of
these specified if you don't want to have less automatically exit
at end-of-file.  The ``-e'' option causes it to exit the second
time it hits eof while ``-E'' exits the first time.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   b...@celestial.com  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Whenever a people entrust the defence of their country to a regular,
standing army, composed of mercenaries, the power of that country will
remain under the direction of the most wealthy citizens.