Warren Block wrote:

>> I'm a native English speaker, and the manual makes perfect sense to me.
>> It's very clear to me that since the statement is in the BUGS section,
>> it means that the utility should, but doesn't. Since it follows a
>> statement that the utility doesn't, the meaning is unambiguous.
>
> I understand it, but see ambiguity in the word "should".  Easy enough
> to rewrite:
>
> BUGS
> This utility does not work on active file systems.
>
> Now here's my challenge to PJ: use send-pr(1) or the web PR interface
> at http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html to submit this as a doc bug
> report.
>
> That's how FreeBSD gets better, and how you help the next person in
> the same situation.
>
> -Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA

As I mentioned earlier, I do not understand what the author really
intended, so I am out of place making any judgments. All I was saying is
that my understanding of all the instructions I found was and still is
confused... as I mentioned, changing this is between the author and
whoever translated, if that is the case. For me, I would still like to
hear from somone who could clear up the confusion... read my explanation
of what I found in themanuals and you will perhaps understand what is
confusing (tunefs and glabel appear to be stumbling over each other and
criss-crossing instructions.
>From the way things are written, it would appear that one must do tunefs
before doing glabel and that they are interdependent. But tunefs says to
do tunefs /home /disk-slice yet glabel is dealing with partitions...
what does /home supposed to be a specific directory or a partition and
how does it relate to the disk? And then, how does it relate to glabel?

Manolis seems to have cleared things slightly on how to use glabel, but
strangely it did not work for me. I am about to try again and will sen
the fstab and ls disk prinouts as soon as I have another little problem
sorted out... shortly or tomorrow. Sorry.