b. f. wrote:
If you look at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, you will see that Fedora 10
is now the default emulation port on new releases of FreeBSD (I don't
know why it isn't on earlier versions: you can ask bsam@ why he chose
800076 as the cutoff, and not some other value.  There may have been
some feature missing from earlier versions of FreeBSD that was
necessary to make emulation work well with the newer Linux software.):

Now I remember: some time back (when f8 as default) skype had problem displaying UTF8 symbols and working with scim (scim doesn't display any non-English languages in skype).
That's why I set fc6 as default for me, with which skype worked.

With f10 the latter problem with skype still exists.

Yuri