Hello Wayne,

Here is what I add to make the comments change in vim. You need to add it
to the ~/.vimrc.

hi Comment ctermfg=darkmagenta

You may want to first run the color tests to make sure that the color you
choose actually works in your current terminal.  The following will run a
color test to see the colors that work.

:e $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/colortest.vim
:so %

I hope this helps.