On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 15:21:26 -0700, Gary Kline <kl...@thought.org> wrote:
> There were no "C" classes in 1978--I
>       taught myself.  Obviously, not that well because I have already dreaded
>       pointers.  ---Well, usually.

Don't mind. Just imagine my fun when trying to understand how
character string operations work in C - coming from a Turbo Pascal
background where you could compare strings with = and <>! :-)
(And this is from me who programmed Assembler before, what
a shame...)

>       Your examples help a lot!   Everything works except when there are two
> or more
>       tags on one line such as:
>
>       <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" LINK="#00FFFF" VLINK="#006633"><FONT SIZE="4">

A solution could be to move "artsy" HTML stuff (e. g. colors,
font parameters and margins) to CSS in an external file, which
would not be taken into context when investigating markup.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany