jeffry killen wrote:
Hello;
I have a hard drive that contains the /var file system in a system that
will not boot.
In single user mode I can mount  /var.

I want to take this disk and put it in another FreeBSD system and
try to copy the files I need off of it to a safe place.

The system I will plug it into will also have a separate disk with
/var.

Is there going to be a conflict with the labels and how would I
best go about this?

system is FreeBSD v6.2

Thank you in advance for guidance, suggestions.
JK

Nay,

you need to check as what 'device' that partition has been recognised on your 'new' system and mount it wherever you like
e.g.

mkdir /tmp/old-var
mount /dev/da0s1a /mnt/old-var

--
bEsT rEgArDs            |       "Confidence is what you have before you
tomasz dereszynski      |       understand the problem." -- Woody Allen
| Spes confisa Deo | "In theory, theory and practice are much
numquam confusa recedit |       the same. In practice they are very