On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 05:22:42PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Try setting the terminal type to "screen" or "vt100" (which is what
> screen claims to emulate, although it understands even more extensions
> than xterm).  Better yet, don't set it *at all* and let ssh carry the
> environment value through from the other side.

hmm - no (screen's escape sequences generally are a subset of xterm -
I can recall large chunks missing, and at the moment don't see any
significant counter-examples - it _does_ have a handful of rarely-used
termcap capabilities that you may be referring to ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net