Good morning.

I have been asked by my co-workers and sales why I always create a A record for new domains we host instead of a CNAME.

The issue I run into lately with some domains is that a client has a website with a industry host such as frank.relator.com and he wants to have DNS point www.frank.com to frank.relator.com with a CNAME. The client does not want an A record for frank.com.

Somewhere, in a class far far away, I was taught a DNS zone had to have a A record to function properly. I can't seem to locate anything in the RFCs.

Am I wrong?

Thanks,

DAve

--
"Posterity, you will know how much it cost the present generation to
preserve your freedom.  I hope you will make good use of it.  If you

http://appleseedinfo.org