PJ wrote:
Is there any definitive install guide for flashplugin.
I was able to install it on a 7.2 64bit machine and then on an i386 but
somehow it has morphed into god-knows-what and no longer works.

This is what I did for a 7.2 box.  Note that there are compatibility
issues between new versions of Linux emulation and older versions of FreeBSD, so don't expect this to work with anything older.

* Make a note of all the linux-emulated software you have installed
 for later reference:

    # pkg_info -orx linux > linux-stuff

We save the package origins in particular, because this procedure will result in a name change for most linux packages.

* Delete everything linux related

    # pkg_delete -rx linux

* Check and clean out /compat/linux -- there shouldn't be any interesting
 files left in this directory after the above step.  As I recall, when I
 did this, there was a ldconfig.hints file (which would be regenerated on
 demand), and some Acrobat related stuff under /compat/linux/home/matthew
 which I didn't care about, and which shouldn't have been there anyhow.

    # cd /compat/linux
    # find . -type f -ls
    # rm -rf *

* Change the default Linux kernel version for emulation:

    # sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16

 Also add "compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16" to /etc/sysctl.conf so it
 gets reset on reboots.

* Tell the ports system we want to use Fedora-10 as the Linux base by adding

    OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=       f10
    OVERRIDE_LINUX_NONBASE_PORTS=   f10

  to /etc/make.conf.

* Now install www/linux-f10-flashplugin10 from ports -- this should have all
 of the following as dependencies (modulo any version updates that may have
 happened since writing this):

    % pkg_info -r linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r32
    Information for linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r32:

    Depends on:
    Dependency: linux_base-f10-10_2
    Dependency: linux-f10-openssl-0.9.8g
    Dependency: linux-f10-openldap-2.4.12_1
    Dependency: linux-f10-libssh2-0.18
    Dependency: linux-f10-cyrus-sasl2-2.1.22
    Dependency: linux-f10-curl-7.19.4_4
    Dependency: linux-f10-nspr-4.7.4
    Dependency: linux-f10-sqlite3-3.5.9_1
    Dependency: linux-f10-nss-3.12.2.0

 if that isn't the case and you aren't getting the f10 flavour of those
 ports, double check everything you've done so far for errors, and try again
 from the top.

* Add nspluginwrapper to enable Firefox to load the flash add-on:

    # portinstall www/nspluginwrapper

 (This has a dependency list as long as your arm, so it might take some
 time...)

 Following the install instructions for the nspluginwrapper package (which
 you can redisplay by "pkg_info -Dx nspluginwrapper")  install whatever globally
 available plugins there are by running this as root:

    # nspluginwrapper -v -a -i

 This puts plugins into /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/ which Firefox should
 read.  Alternatively, install the plugins locally to your own user account
 by running that command under your own UID:

    % nspluginwrapper -v -a -i

* Finally, fire up Firefox and check that it has loaded the flash plugin by
 typing 'about:plugins' into the URL bar.  Find a site with flash content[*],
 and enjoy.

* Check the list you made at the first step, and reinstall any other linux
applications you want.
So far I've found flash10 under Fedora10 to be pretty stable and inoffensive
on FreeBSD 7.2.  You even get the sound track on Flash movies.  However I'm
still running Firefox with xpi-flashblock-1.5.11.2 and xpi-noscript-1.9.3.3 on
general principles

Adobe Acrobat isn't working, but I think that's more to do with the map_at_zero
stuff introduced in the last security advisory.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

[*] I think there are one or two flash based things at YouTube.com

                                                 Flat 3
                                                 Kent, CT11 9PW