Hi, Chris--

On Oct 26, 2009, at 3:43 PM, Chris Whitehouse wrote:
Some mailing lists I am on automatically insert the mailing list name in square brackets into the subject line. I find this quite useful for setting up filters in thunderbird to drop different lists into different 'folders'

I couldn't see anything in my freebsd questions list account settings to add that behaviour. Is it possible somehow? Or is it seen as undesirable?

It's a per-list option in Mailman, not a per-user option. In order to filter list mail, you can key off of the List-Id: header instead....

Regards,
--
-Chuck