On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 05:29 am, Chris Rees wrote:

> I have always considered hard disk, floppy diskette, and
> compact disc (and digital versatile disc) to be the
> terminology; but then again the official British spelling is
> disc, whereas AFAICR the US spelling is disk.

What organisation defines "official British Spelling".
I beleive there is no "official" in this context but perhaps
the closest is the Oxford Disctionary. My Concise Oxford
Dictionary gives both spellings as alternatives but states that
"disk" is the better. My Webster's (American) Dictionary makes no
distinction.

> Chris

Malcolm