Hi,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.7 and I'd like to get enabled
the APM support. I know that I can enable it by
compile it in the kernel, but I've read about another
system that consist in the writing of a line in the
/boot/loader.conf (enable apm0) but  at start the
loader says that there is a syntax error : enable apm0

                        ^

Why? How I can enable it without recompiling the
kernel?

I've noticed also that in the GENERIC kernel config
there is a "disable" flag in the line of the APM
device, I have to delete that to enable the APM
support?The line looks like this one:

device apm0 nexus? disable Flag 0x20

I've changed it into :

device apm0 nexus? Flag 0x20