On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 20:24:38 -0500 (CDT), Lars Eighner
<luvbeas...@larseighner.com> wrote:
Evidently by making it necessary to learn yet another scripting
language to configure it.  Other than personal profit I cannot see why
people are clinging like grim death to something this fubar.  Really,
let's go past this one more time:

"Sure, sendmail.cf is hard to work with so the solution is you learn m4!"

Did you look at the link he offered?  How helpful is that?

Beside which, m4 is a PORT.  So if sendmail is not configurable
without a port, why isn't it a port?

Can we go back to our regular hacking, please?  m4 is not a port:

 $ which m4
 /usr/bin/m4

Evidently my package database is corrupt in some way, because it shows m4 as
an installed port.  I wonder how that happened, how to fix it, and if it
will bite if I leave it alone.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html