On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:34:35 +0000, RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 18:08:24 +0200
> Giorgos Keramidas <keram...@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>> What is nice about Sendmail today is that with minimal changes to a
>> base FreeBSD installation (the rc.conf(5) variable called
>> "sendmail_enable" and a SMART_HOST value in sendmail.mc) one can
>> quickly get up and running with a local-only MTA that:
>
> sendmail_enable exposes sendmail to the world. You don't need
> to set anything for a local relay.

I should have been more clear: I meant sendmail_enable="NO" (instead of
"NONE").  This does not open Sendmail to anyone:

  keram...@kobe:/home/keramida$ sockstat -4 | sed -n -e 1p -e /send/p
  USER     COMMAND    PID   FD PROTO  LOCAL ADDRESS         FOREIGN ADDRESS
  root     sendmail   3001  4  tcp4   127.0.0.1:25          *:*

I'm a bit tired of saying the same thing many times, so I will stop
saying ``please, work on making this happen, and let us have the
patches''.  I'll drop out of this thread now, because it has already
taken too much of my time to write replies.