I am installing FreeBSD 7.2 / amd64 on a new server (HP DL370 G6) with 2 quad Xeon processors and 16GB memory. I have worked with the i386 versions since version 3.x, but this is the first server large enough to need amd64.

I have been trying to determine the correct procedures for rebuilding the world and kernel. I have not been able to find a location that had step by step instructions, similar to the handbook, for properly working with the amd64 version. Searches have turned up so many fragments of what needs to be done, that I cannot feel confident trying to put the pieces together.

I need instructions for the command line compile options, conf file additions, and any special instructions.

If anyone can point me to some applicable links or some specific instructions, it would be appreciated.

TIA
Richard

--
Richard D. Gehlbach                   Gehlbach Consulting Services
rdgeh...@gehlbach.com                 3321 Pepperhill Ct.