Boris Samorodov wrote:
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 15:16:09 -1000 Al Plant wrote:

I am trying to get Linux-RealPlayer to install from updated ports
collection on a FreeBSD 9 desktop box. (Xorg and www etc all installed
fine on this test box.)

Error says it cannot be found in our ports collection.

Please, show the exact command you use and the error you get.

Is there a way
to locate the maintainer? This port is missing some components. Or can
it be down loaded into distfiles? If so from where?

Or has this been replaced by something else to play audio in ports. I
would be glad to try any port for playing audio from web or files that
is known to work.

Don't think so:
-----
% whereis linux-realplayer
linux-realplayer: /usr/ports/multimedia/linux-realplayer
-----

Aloha Boris,

The error is "not found" on server for the 2007 version.

The above line is what should work. But it doesnt. There is a false old version in the port list from the update on the server. This is apparently a known issue as there are two (2) PR's with this issue reported in the last few days.

If someone on our list knows the maintainer I think it could be corrected easily. It may be an upgrade that failed to take as the two versions are 2004 and 2007. I think 2007 should be there now.

  + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
  + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +
  < email: n...@hdk5.net >