hey guys,

        my last e-troubles happened a few months ago, or several weeks
        ago, when my old KVM unit began flaking out.  the one computer
        buddy i have in the seattle area suggested i order a 4-port
        iogear.  i did and he installed it.  it was .LT. sixty bux
        and next-to-worthless given my disability.[*]  altho i did type
        down the conversation between iogear and my friend, i'll spare
        you.  nutshell: they refused to swap and upgrade for something
        i could more readily use.  --i'll post the entire story on my
        freebsd pages in time.

        my new/used dell inspiron-530 is here.  it is installed to as far
        as i can install it.  trouble is that i see on the dell screen

        "Keyboard failure"

        and a message to press F2 to setup.  the kvm has the old ps2
        plugs and no adaptors to USB.  i have the dell kybd here, come
        to think of it, but i'm waaay the hell beyond achy to get down
        and muck around and test.

        what's your best guess, folks?  the computer parts stores
        around here have largely shut down ...but if ordering an
        adaptor or two will fix things, i'll do it.

        any thoughts on this?  i think i would need at least 547 pain
        meds to get back down there and plug in the kyboard; i might
        drowse off

        gary

[*] gotta type CTRL-ALT-Shift at just the right keyrate (+/- 0.000000000001s:)
    to change ports.

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php