On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:01:58 +0100
Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any chance to read and update a remote MS ACCSESS database from
> FreeBSD 8-CURRENT, via ODBC? Thanks in advance
>
>       matthias

If you are familiar with python you could use py-odbc to read the access
.mdb file as a normal database.

A connection string of an Acess 2007 db without a password would look like
this,
where fileName is the complete path and file name of the access mdb file.

cntString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=%s; User
Id=admin;Password=;" % (fileName)

I've not tried it over an internet connection, though.

--
Rod Person
http://www.rodperson.com

Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.
-Napoleon