In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Ruben de Groot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:
> True. But there is the suidperl binary to circumvent this. If your
> /usr/bin/suidperl is suid root (which it is not by default I believe),
> perl will honor the suid or sgid bits on your perlscripts.

I'd still recommend sudo instead of suid perl scripts. While it's
easier to write secure suid program in Perl than in C or the shell,
it's still difficult enough that I'd prefer having one trusted program
to writing a number of such scripts.

        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html