I got some help from John so I will give it a try.
Thanks for all your kind helps.

From: taxman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Kung Ching-Yi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Change default IPC limitations
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:30:22 -0500

On Monday 10 March 2003 08:49 pm, Kung Ching-Yi wrote:
> Hi, I have a need to change the following settings.
> kern.ipc.msgmni
> kern.ipc.semmns
> kern.ipc.shmmni
>
> I can't use sysctl to modify these since it returns "read-only"
message.

> I assume I need to rebuild the kernel but I don't know exactly which
module
> (header, source code etc) I need to modify. Can anybody help?
>
> Besides, do I need to build anything other than kernel to have it work
> correctly?

I don't know, and if you don't get any answers here after a couple days,
try
asking on -hackers.  Some of what you are looking for may be here if you
haven't seen this yet:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/index.html

and this is outdated, but may help you understand the roots of IPC on
FreeBSD
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/design-44bsd/index.html

Tim