On 2003-03-11 12:54, Christopher Nehren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm running FreeBSD as the only operating system on my home machine,
> using Comcast non-professional as my ISP. My problem is that send-pr
> is written to use a local mail daemon to send mail to the GNATS
> submission site. Running a mail daemon, however, is strictly and
> expressly prohibited by Comcast's Terms of Service. Is there another
> way of submitting bug reports that doesn't require me to either
> breach my contract with my ISP, or manually copy and paste text for
> each report (yes, I've checked the web interface, which is
> 'currently disabled')?

You can always configure Sendmail to listen on localhost:25 only.
This is what the relevant part of my rc.conf looks like:

: ### sendmail options: ###
: sendmail_enable="NO"
: sendmail_submit_enable="YES"
: sendmail_submit_flags="-L smtpd -bd -q60m -ODaemonPortOptions=Addr=localhost"
: sendmail_msp_queue_enable="YES"
: sendmail_msp_queue_flags="-L mailq -Ac -q15m"

The sendmail_submit_xxx flags make sure that I only have a Sendmail
daemon that listens on 127.0.0.1.

I'm sure that your ISP can't object to *this* sort of setup.

- Giorgos