Hi Rolf and Adam,

Since you both seemingly responded with the same solution, I'll
respond including the more verbose response:

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Rolf Nielsen
<listrea...@lazlarlyricon.com> wrote:

> I recently, successfully, broke a gmirror by simply issuing gmirror clear on
> all the disks, three in my case. Since gmirror stores metadata in the last
> sector of the disks (according to the gmirror man page) and everything else
> is untouched, issuing a gmirror clear reverts the disks to single disk
> usage, and since the data isn't striped, the system will be able to read the
> data and mount the filesystem(s).

This makes sense, and hopefully I will not have to try it for some
time, next time I need to break a mirror, I will try 'clear'-ing it
first.

Thanks,

--
Glen Barber