Hi,

I'm attempting to run a diskless 8.0 i386 workstation on VMWare, using
an OpenSolaris box as a file store.  I get PXE, the kernel loads, but
when we try to remount the filesystem I get:

NFS ROOT:  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:/storage1/vm/netflow
Lookup of /dev for devfs, error 13
exec /sbin/init: error 13
exec /sbin/oinit: error 13
exec /sbin/init.bak: error 13
exec /rescue/inet: error 13
exec /stand/sysinstall: error 13
init: not found in path

At first glance, it would appear that /dev is missing.  I've never
seen this happen before diskless systems, though, and I can't find any
other references to this.  I know that other people have PXE-booted
FreeBSD on VMWare, however.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas        mwlu...@blackhelicopters.org