On Tuesday 11 March 2003 03:21 pm, vignesh vignesh wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am student and I would like to get some information about
> FreeBSD.What is the advantages and disadvantages of this operating system?

First read the information at www.freebsd.org.  There is so much there that
will help you answer that question and draw your own conlusions.  Then we can
help you usefully.

Then the most basic I can make it is when it works it works really well and
keeps working.  There is a fairly steep learning curve to get a number of
things working.

Tim