On Nov 24, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:

Hello.

I am ultimately trying to install rtgui 0.2.7, which is a frontend for the rtorrent bit torrent client. I'm running FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE- p2, and I've installed apache22, mod_scgi, xmlrpc-c-devel, and rtorrent-devel from ports. rtorrent works great on the CLI as-is; I've been using it for downloading torrents for months with no problems.

However, to make rtgui work, I have to get XML-RPC working within rtorrent first, and that's the entirety of my problem - this post isn't actually about rtgui at all. Instead, it's about a problem I'm having with XML-RPC, either in rtorrent itself, or in Apache or mod_scgi... I can't actually tell which.

I don't know if this will help you, but I found it invaluable in learning how to work with and riddle out XML-RPC drama. It was particularly useful in sussing out my php server code.

http://gggeek.raprap.it/debugger/

Regards,
Mikel King
CEO, Olivent Technologies