Ed Jobs wrote:
On Wednesday 25 November 2009 18:14, cali clarke wrote:
I just did a clean install of 8.0-RELEASE.

I am _CERTAIN_ that the drives with ZFS on them were not touched by
the installer.

Having booted the system (with zfs enabled in rc.conf):

did you try
zpool import
?

This is true, a 'zpool import' will likely be necessary. I believe 'zpool import' by itself will just list any pools which ZFS finds by searching disks in /dev. You will need to 'zpool import <poolname>' afterwards to actually import the storage pool.

As you've said that it's a clean install, it may warn you that the pool is associated with another system (I saw this when migrating from 9-Current back to 8.0). You can simply pass -f to zpool import to safely force the operation.