I find the email address [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the Makefile for the
/usr/ports/mail/drac port, but mail to that address bounces with
a mailbox disabled error.  Is this port still maintained?

I am unable to compile it (for sendmail), due to a checksum mismatch.
If I override the checksum mismatch, then the patch files fail to apply
cleanly.  I find that Antoine Jacoutot has had the same problems, but
got no reply to his query of 17 Jan.

I have cvsup'ed my ports tree as of a few minutes ago, with no change
in symptoms.

My goal is to set up a pop daemon with an alternate password mechanism
(i.e., not using /etc/master.passwd) and pop-before-smtp relaying.
I am currently running cucipop with master.passwd authentication, and
no pop-before-smtp.

May I solicit your suggestions?

Thanks, and regards from Portland,

Jim

For databases compatible with other MTAs than sendmail, use:

WITH_POSTFIX=yes        (Postfix)
WITH_POSTFIX_DB3=yes    (Postfix with DB3 database maps)
WITH_EXIM=yes           (Exim)

Define WITH_FOREGROUND to make the rpc.dracd daemon stay in
foreground instead of detaching itself. This breaks the
startup script.
>> drac.tar.Z doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.cc.umanitoba.ca/src/.

20705 bytes transferred in 0.5 seconds (41.21 kBps)
===>  Extracting for drac-1.11_2
>> Checksum mismatch for drac.tar.Z.
Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file (/usr/ports/mail/drac/distinfo)
are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/drac.

--h2C4cW8w057956.1047443913/ns.museum.rain.com--