Sean Cavanaugh wrote:

I am just trying to find out if theres an easier way to do this.
currently to get wireless to work on my system, i have to clone the wireless interface to a wlan0 interface to actually do any real connections. My home network uses WPA2 encryption so i use the wpa-supplicant to set that up, but if i go out and about and hit free wifi spots, I have to add the info for them into the wpa-supplicant.conf file to get it to access it. keep in mind that ideally I use the latest gnome as my desktop. is there an easier tool to do this all with? I remember there was an issue with the gnome-network tool that it could not actually make any changes in freebsd, but i cannot find if that is still true or if it has been fixed. End goal, I am trying to get this set up to be equally as idiot-proof as most linux distros in case i have to hand this off to someone a bit less technically inclined. sorry if this is a bit hard to read, i have ADHD so it someti..OHLOOKASQUIRREL -Sean _______________________________________________

There was a person asking for a similar thing on this same list.

I think the subject was something like "ifconfig - GUI interface". Have a search on the list's archive.