Hi,

I'm looking to buy a tape drive and am currently looking at USB 2.0 DAT tape
drives from HP. I searched the hardware compatibility list and cannot locate
any information tape drives except the disclaimer that SCSI tape drives do
work on SCSI controller cards that are recognized by the FreeBSD OS. The
only thing I can find is that apparently the ehci driver must be used if USB
2.0 interface is to be used with a tape drive.
Does anyone have had positive or negative experience using these USB-based
DAT tape drives? Specifically, I am looking at the HP (Hewlett-Packard)
StorageWorks Q1581SB DAT 160 Tape Drive. If there are other branded USB
2.0-based tape drives (i.e. Quantum) that you've used with little or no
problems, I would be interested in knowing about these.

I have been using the usb HP Dat drives with ml115 servers with out any
problems. They have been detected and work fine

Terry