Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
Are you sure that OpenBSD has a better record?

I found this for loose reference.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBSD#Security_and_code_auditing

I will say that even though on the surface OpenBSD appears to have a
better track record security wise
I tend to use FreeBSD for my desktop needs because of things like
Nvidia Graphics (esp now that there is amd64 support)

Where's that? The Nvidia site says nothing about it yet, and the makefile for x11/nvidia-driver still says ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=i386. I'm eagerly waiting for it, but I can't find anything other than a forum post (I don't have the address handy at this computer, but I know it's somewhere in the mailing list archive) from Zander at Nvidia corporation saying it's on its way.

also wine works in FreeBSD and some of my clinets still run windows apps.

I find FreeBSD is the middle ground the world needs between Linix and OpenBSD

Sam Fourman Jr.
Fourman Networks