Hi,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Kevin wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> The only other symptoms I can identify right now are related to the
>> following entries in my crontab:
>>
>> 0 2 * * 6       /usr/local/sbin/portsclean -DD
>> 0 2 * * 5       /usr/local/sbin/portsclean -C
>>
>> The e-mailed results simply say "env: ruby: No such file or
>> directory". However, these commands seem to run fine from an
>> interactive shell (while logged in).
>
> Paths.  When there's a problem with cron it's (almost) always paths.
> portsclean is a ruby script that starts with this line:

Interestingly, my homemade port rebuild script is recently broken with
similar symptoms, sans the dependencies on ruby.  It's a very simple,
low-level "for i in `cat list`" type script which recently has begun
to fail repeatedly on gettext and autoconf dependencies on multiple
machines, when I specifically have them set to be upon the first ports
to build.

More probably unrelated, but I thought I'd throw this out there just in case.

Regards,

--
Glen Barber