C. C. Tang writes:
>  >    Let me add my vote for Intel: I have a dual-port Pro/1000, and
>  > the thing is a rock:
>
>  I am planning to get a Pro/1000 MT dual port card, do you know
>  that will it works well in 32bit PCI slot on FreeBSD?

        I have one of these:

        Pro/1000 GT Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller (82546EB)

        It has worked perfectly, with one tertiary exception that
happened due to a (non-FreeBSD related) driver change: for some
reason, DHCP tries to send packets before the driver decides it's
ready to accept them.  This causes a 30-60 second delay during
startup, but afterwards everything is fine.

                                Robert Huff