Alexander Motin wrote:
Chris Whitehouse wrote:
Dan Naumov wrote:
CPU-performance-wise, I am not really worried. The current system is
an Atom 330 and even that is a bit overkill for what I do with it and
from what I am seeing, the new Atom D510 used on those boards is a
tiny bit faster. What I want and care about for this system are
reliability, stability, low power use, quietness and fast disk
read/write speeds. I've been hearing some praise of ICH9R and 6 native
SATA ports should be enough for my needs. AFAIK, the Intel 82574L
network cards included on those are also very well supported?
These might be interesting then
www.fit-pc.com
The Intel US15W SCH chipset or System Controller Hub as it's called is
mentioned in hardware notes for 8.0R and 7.2R but only for snd_hda, I
don't know if this means other functions are supported or not. This
thread says it is supported
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2010/01/03/msg001695.html

Intel US15W (SCH) chipset heavily stripped and tuned for netbooks. It
has no SATA, only one PATA channel. It is mostly supported by FreeBSD,
but with exception of video, which makes it close to useless. it has
only one benefit - low power consumption.

The intel spec sheet does say single PATA but according to the fit-pc website it has SATA and miniSD. Still as you say without video support it's not much use, which is useful to know as I had been looking at these. Ok I will go away now :O

Chris