Chuck Robey wrote:
I have this problem with my built-under-freebsd-current Xorg, it gives me this
following sort of error everytime it starts up:

(pts/2):{14}% Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display
":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

Usually, that 2nd line shows up 6 to 12 times, I trimmed the repetitions for
brevity.  Anyone got any idea what this sort of error is?  If it isn't a fairly
common sort of error, I think I'll hunt to see if maybe there's an Xorg mailing
list I could use.  I think that the error originated during the period when I
was writing a X11 graphical tablet driver, but it never (until now) seemed to
actually get it the way.  The version of X I was using is completely gone now,
and when I found out that the cut-rate graphical tablet itself was too defective
to give me a good basis for the driver, well, the driver is history now too
(except for all the stuff I learned, very useful!)

Thanks.  This all came up as I've been searching for a sound player with a good
GUI, and that's what triggered the error this time (the audacious port).

Hmm, I'm not sure it's uncommon, depending on the environment.  I get the
same when running many apps from 7-STABLE to the Cygwin/freeXer X server running
on a Winblows desktop, for example.  Any bad behavior associated with it?

KDK