Edit the /etc/master.passwd and /etc/passwd records to change the uid and
gid of the "root" account BUT FIRST MAKE SURE YOU ADD (or changed password
of) ANOTHER UID0 ACCOUNT
here's an example:
etc/master.passwd:
root:*PASSWORD HASH*:99:99::0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh

and /etc/passwd
root:*:99:99:Charlie &:/root:/bin/csh

check the "toor" account it's already created by freebsd but it doesn't have
a password, 1st apply a password for that account, triple check that it's
usable then edit the records (keep in mind that the 99 uid and 99gid in my
examples are fake try giving your's the uid and gid of the "nobody" account,
or someother)

cheers!