On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Jimmie James <jimmie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On a freshly installed 8-STABLE box (4 days old) and up to date ports, KDE4
> will not install for me, always the same errors. I've even removed all ports
> and reinstalled from scratch and hit the same errors. I have no
> /etc/make.conf. I'm at a loss here, I have no idea why this is happening.
> I even did a  portupgrade -fRru python26  and tried portmaster, and plain
> old make in the ports that fail.

My script to install from a clean install is

portsnap fetch update
cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster
make install clean && rehash
portmaster -d x11-servers/xorg-server x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse
x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard x11-drivers/{YOUR VIDEO DRIVER PORT}
echo 'dbus_enable="YES"\nhald_enable="YES"\n' >> /etc/rc.conf

then you'll have to do whatever is necessary for video driver install eg
kldload nvidia and make it permanent /boot/loader.conf

Once your driver is live, you create xorg.conf file by

Xorg -config xorg.conf.new
cp xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf

then I manually add in this line to /etc/ttys
ttyv8 "/usr/local/kde4/bin/kdm -nodaemon" xterm on secure
and comment
ttyv8  "/usr/local/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secure

Provided you don't have to do anything special for say the nvidia driver,
all's that's do this the hal guys maybe didn't do such a back job after all

As for you error, I don't know what happened.  I used to see those happen on
a massive upgrade when using portupgrade.  I recommend portmaster.  Somehow
python didn't get installed correctly because
/usr/local/include/python2.6/Python.h should exist if python is correctly
installed.

--
Adam Vande More