On 02/26/10 14:40, Malibu Carl wrote:
Hi list

I am new to all these features and I am about to install FreeBSD8.0 from a
USB Drive.

Before I take any further steps, I would like to ask whether is possible to
perform an installation having an encrypted journaled UFS2 filesystem.

As far as I know, I would say it is possible since gjournal and UFS2 operate
on top of geli.

Is this correct?

Yes, you would have this graph of GEOM classes:
DISK - [possibly some partitions or slices] - GELI - GJOURNAL - UFS

GJOURNAL and UFS need to be together, other classes are not position sensitive (within reason).