On Sat, 27 Feb 2010, Bill Tillman wrote:

Sorry to keep beating this dead horse but I forgot to mention that this also
means that I didn't need the ppd file either. The ps2hl1250 takes care of
everything through
ghostscript. One less thing to worry about in the setup.

I guess the only thing left to do with this is to figure out an if/then module
to decide whether the file is postscript or just plain text and then print just
plain text without
using the ghostscript portion.

There's one in my lpd article under Smart Filters:

http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/lpdprinting.pdf