On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 19:42:19 -0500
Carmel <carmel...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I installed a nVidia GeForce GT 220 card.
> Now, the video is fine; however, there is no audio.

> hdac0: <NVidia (Unknown) High Definition Audio Controller> mem
> 0xfcffc000-0xfcffffff irq 16 at device 0.1 on pci3

I ran into the same problem after installing a GT 240. The video cards
support audio via HDMI. During boot the audio chip of the video card is
found first (also snd_hda) and used as primary audio device.

After kldunload / kldload snd_hda everything would work properly.

As a workaround I do not load the snd_hda kernel module at boot, but
with a cronjob @reboot. This way the normal sound card is found first.

Andreas
--
GnuPG key  : 0x2A573565    |    http://www.gnupg.org/howtos/de/
Fingerprint: 925D 2089 0BF9 8DE5 9166  33BB F0FD CD37 2A57 3565