RW wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:38:39 -0400
> Joe Auty <j...@netmusician.org> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have my /usr/local partition hosted on an NFS share which is mounted
>> at boot. Do you have any theories as to why my various services
>> (Apache, Postfix, MySQL) listed in /etc/rc.conf do not start up
>> automatically at boot, and I have to do this manually?
>> When /usr/local is hosted locally these services start up fine on
>> their own at boot time.
>>

> You probably need to set early_late_divider.
>
> rc reads in and orders the scripts in /etc/rc.d before it executes any
> of them, and this list is fixed. When it reaches $early_late_divider, it
> creates a new list that includes the local directory
> obviously /usr/local/etc must be mounted at this point.
>
> Bear in mind that a local script that's ordered before
> early_late_divider is ignored.

Cool, I need to learn about this and, from the looks of things, rcorder.
I suppose I just want to make sure that the /usr/local startup scripts
start last.

Thanks for your help!

Joe Auty, NetMusician
NetMusician helps musicians, bands and artists create beautiful,
professional, custom designed, career-essential websites that are easy
to maintain and to integrate with popular social networks.
www.netmusician.org <http://www.netmusician.org>
j...@netmusician.org <mailto:j...@netmusician.org>