On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Yuri wrote:

> I can't build it, I am getting the following errors. And message to
> freebsd-emulation@ from 02/10 was never answered.

Considering that VMware is now at version 7 something I would just
move on and use VirtualBox. 95% of the stuff VMware 7 can do it can
do, although the OSE version in ports lacks USB pass-thru, but I'm
sure it is leaps and bounds ahead of VMware 3 from ports.

VMware will most likely ever support FreeBSD as a host and the Linux
kernel hooks are too deep to reverse it and since VirtualBox works
great, just use that.

I run Win7 x86 and Win2008 R2 just fine inside VirtualBox.

There is currently a bug in the FreeBSD-stable kernel (newer then
Jan 29th) or so which caused the current VirtualBox install to
freeze. Just follow the intructions on the VirtualBox FreeBSD wiki
to pull the latest 3.1.4 VirtualBox and you should be good.

http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox
(see the notes under "know issues" at the bottom for update your
ports outside of the current ports freeze.

My $.02.

henrik

> [...]
> inline-unit-growth=100 --param large-function-growth=1000 -fno-common
> -mno-align-long-strings -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -mno-mmx
> -mno-3dnow -mno-sse -mno-sse2 -mno-sse3 -ffreestanding -fstack-protector
> -std=iso9899:1999 -fstack-protector -Wall -Wredundant-decls
> -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -Wundef -Wno-pointer-sign
> -fformat-extensions -c
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.c
>

> In file included from
> ./machine/vm.h:33,
>

>                  from
> /sys/vm/vm.h:64,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.c:338:
>

> ./machine/specialreg.h:164:1: error: "CPUID_STEPPING"
> redefined
>

> In file included from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.h:27,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/hostif.h:19,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.c:19:
>

> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/include/x86.h:259:1:
>
> error: this is the location of the previous definition
> In file included from
> ./machine/vm.h:33,
>

>                  from
> /sys/vm/vm.h:64,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.c:338:
>

> ./machine/specialreg.h:165:1: error: "CPUID_MODEL"
> redefined
>

> In file included from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.h:27,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/hostif.h:19,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.c:19:
>

> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/include/x86.h:287:1:
>
> error: this is the location of the previous definition
> In file included from
> ./machine/vm.h:33,
>

>                  from
> /sys/vm/vm.h:64,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.c:338:
>

> ./machine/specialreg.h:166:1: error: "CPUID_FAMILY"
> redefined
>

> In file included from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.h:27,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/hostif.h:19,
>

>                  from
> /usr/ports/emulators/vmware3/work/vmware-distrib/vmmon-only/common/vmx86.c:19:

Henrik Hudson
li...@rhavenn.net